TRACTION IS A BRAND NEW SERIES THAT BRINGS THE EXCITING WORLD OF CARS AND THE LIFESTYLE SURROUNDING THEM TOGETHER.
It’s a feast of motoring news & reviews. A 12-part, 15 minute motoring programme. Our aim is NOT to simply satisfy the “petrol head” by regurgitating an endless barrage of car specifications and technical jargon, BUT rather to entertain an intelligent, media savvy, style conscious and entrepreneurial audience.
Unpacking the Series
- Traction aims to analyse contemporary car culture through an inventive and highly engaging formula. The bulk of the show will be comprised of two narrative-driven review films where the cars are the characters.
- These “characters” will be profiled by placing them in situations and locations relevant to the type of automobile being reviewed.
- They will be treated as the stars of the episode, and, like a profile on a Hollywood A-lister, will be unpacked in terms of their strengths, weaknesses and “idiosyncrasies”.
- The use of comparative as opposed to single-car reviews will also be exploited.
- Vehicles will be profiled along with their closest competitors, simply because it allows for clear differentiation between their respective “personalities”.
- All cars have strengths and weaknesses, and South Africans need to be made aware of the choices they have as consumers
ADD TO THIS A HEALTHY DOSE OF CURRENT AND RELEVANT MOTORING NEWS AND A WEEKLY CEO SHOOTOUT, AND YOU HAVE A PACKAGE THAT PROMISES WAY MORE THAN SIMPLY A SHOW TO REVIEW NEW CARS
There are a few sponsorship and advertising opportunities attached to this show
that will be broadcast on CNBC Africa Channel 410 DSTv.